Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The 351 Cleveland V-8

The block is a 4-bolt main, standard bore 351C with a 4MA crank. Both are pretty rusty. I had the block hot-tanked and magna-fluxed a few years back and I wish I would have coated it in WD-40 and put it in a plastic bag (but I didn't so back we go to the hot tank). The block code is Ford DZAE-CA 2D14.

The heads are the 4V "quench" style. These have been retro-fitted with Crane roller rockers, Manley push rod guides and new valve springs. These heads have HUGE valves! The heads are coded Ford D1AE-GA.

The pistons and rods sit in a box along with other engine parts that need to be cleaned. I hope I can reuse the pistons and rods. Rods are D0AE.


Other "goodies" include and Isky hydraulic cam (280 degree), TRW piston rings, TRW rod bearings, a Speed Pro performance timing chain (dual roller), Melling hi vol oil pump and a Boss 351 oil pan.







No comments:

Post a Comment